In honor of Social Media Day, we dive into the impact this revolutionary way of communicating can have on your business.
As we gear up to celebrate Social Media Day on June 30th, let’s take some time to understand how social media has changed our everyday lives and how they can be used as a powerful tool for your business. A tool? Yes! Allow us to shift your perspective.
While social media may seem like a distraction, these channels and modes of communication are effective ways to market products, services, and ideas. But before you start to curate content for your business, it’s important to understand that each social media platform can be used as a different tactic in your marketing toolbox. First you much understand your audience and what social media platforms they are spending their time on.
What social media sites should you utilize for your business? Let’s dive in.
- Instagram. This may be the most important platform for your business, as it allows you to creatively connect with your audience with an emphasis on visual content. According to Neal Schaffer, one of Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers, 95 million photos and videos are shared daily on Instagram. With this volume of posts, it is easy to blend in. Making your page stand out and connecting with the right users is essential to having a successful Instagram account. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
- Facebook. Where, for many, it all began. Mark Zuckerberg developed the idea of Facebook in 2004, while attending Harvard University. Today, Facebook has become a marketplace, social site, and promotional platform. As a business, you can advertise products or events to your friends at no cost. Your friends can then repost and share, spreading your content beyond your immediate reach. Facebook is a great platform for the public to comment on your content, providing real-time feedback and praise. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
- TikTok. The platform for trends. From a marketing standpoint, there is a place for every brand on TikTok. By focusing on trends and the target audience, you can create tailored content to put your business on the map. TikTok is curated based on an algorithm. Utilizing appropriate hashtags will place you on your desired audience “for you” page, driving more traffic to your account. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
- Twitter. To invest your company in Twitter is investing in culture. Following, retweeting, commenting, and involving yourself in other accounts that support the same value and opinion as your company will deliver your target audience right to your page. Just like any other social platform, Twitter is used to promote products and services while also monitoring your brand reputation in real-time. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
- LinkedIn. Let’s get professional! LinkedIn promotes the internal success and progress of your company and is the ideal space for recuring and B2B marketing. Post a recap on your team bonding, professional development, new hires, or promotions! LinkedIn can also help your recruiters search for potential employees actively looking for work. LinkedIn is a unique social platform where the audience you are engaging with is employees, potential employees, other companies, investors, and competitors.
Creating different content for each social media platform is essential to growing your brand in our current-day marketing landscape. It can be challenging to strategically place your company in areas that will enhance your reputation and generate business, but don’t sweat it! Baker Public Relations acts as an extension of your team to boost your brand awareness and become front and center with your target audience. Together we can utilize each of these social media tools to drive real business impact!
How will you use social media today to celebrate Social Media Day?