Baker Public Relations
Baker Public Relations is Incorporated.
- After over a decade in TV news, Megan Baker launches Baker Public Relations, Inc. The company moves into its first office at Madison Avenue in Albany and signs its first client contract.
- Baker PR adds additional services to the portfolio, gaining clients across a variety of industries, despite being in the midst of an economic recession.
40 Under 40 & Expansion
- Megan Baker receives Albany Business Review 40 Under 40 Award. Baker PR celebrates its 5-year anniversary and expands to a new office on Everett Road in Albany.
NYS WBE Certification
- The New York State Division of Minority and Women’s Business Development grants Baker PR a Women Business Enterprise (WBE) certification.
On the Move Again
Baker PR team outgrows the Everett Road office and moves into the current location on Northern Blvd in Albany to celebrate their 10-year anniversary.
Pittsburgh Launch & PR News Awards
- Baker PR establishes office in Pittsburgh, Megan Baker’s stomping grounds, and invests in staff.
- The agency receives an honorable mention from PR News for Small PR Agency of the Year, and Event Marketing Campaign for HV Gamer Con.
- NYS recertifies Baker PR as a WBE.
Health & Wellness Practice & MARCOM Awards
- Baker PR formalizes a dedicated health & wellness practice.The team was honored with a Capital Region MARCOM Award for Media Blitz on behalf of Cirque du Soleil OVO.
Creative Services studio launches
The agency expands into an additional 1,000 square foot space. The studio houses video and podcast production, marketing, branding, copywriting, editorial and graphic design.
15 Year Anniversary
- The agency celebrated its 15-year-anniversary with clients, employees and community partners present at the Renaissance Albany Hotel.
Women in Communications Scholarship
- Baker PR launched the annual Women in Communications Scholarship at Shaker High School and Butler Area Senior High School (Megan’s alma mater) for young women pursuing a career in public relations, marketing and journalism.
Public Affairs Services
- The agency formalizes its Public Affairs practice with the promotion of Geoff Redick to Public Affairs Manager.