At Baker Public Relations, our teams work on a variety of accounts, from startup companies to Fortune 500’s, government agencies and not-for-profits. Whether launching a new product, managing time-sensitive crisis communications, or building integrated communications campaigns that engage with consumers, bloggers, influencers and experts, there’s always something exciting happening at Baker Public Relations.
We offer an environment where employees receive hands-on experience and an opportunity to grow, learn, and succeed. We continually strive to partner with people who are ambitious and intent on thriving.
Whether you are a seasoned PR professional or just staring out in the industry, we are always on the lookout for hard working and resourceful people to join our team.
Digital Content & Social Media Specialist
Baker Public Relations, a full-service, woman-owned, communications firm is seeking a Digital Content & Social Media Specialist to join our growing team of smart, passionate and dynamic professionals. The ideal candidate will be a creative communications professional with experience in social media management and strategy and exceptional organizational skills.
If you like working on a variety of clients and a variety of work, Baker Public Relations is a great fit.
Is this you?
You have demonstrated a proven track record in building brand presence and loyalty
You possess strong writing and copyediting skills, have excellent presentation skills and love the new business hunt
Proficiency with Canva, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Adobe or other media editing software
You possess excellent analytical and project management skills
You have a passion for being part of a fast-paced communications agency that works with diverse clients in the Capital Region and Pittsburgh, Pa.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in the role of a Digital Content & Social Media Specialist:
- Design and development of social media assets for Instagram, Instagram Stories, IGTV, Facebook, Snap Chat, TikTok, LinkedIn and other emerging social media channels
- Creative development of all social media assets including copywriting and original artwork to support brand content strategies
- Monitor social media metrics, responding to comments and assist with overall creative design for clients and Baker Public Relations
- Measure the success of every client social media campaign
- Deliver proper promotional communications on time and according to editorial planning calendars
- Come up with strategic creative social media campaigns
- Manage multiple clients and projects including media outreach, launch events and vendor management
- Oversee social media monitoring processes and communicating with clients while maintaining relations
- Work with graphic designer, account executives and senior team members to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Communicate with influencers via social media on behalf of our clients to create a strong network
- Coordinating the creation of digital content (website, blogs, press releases and podcasts)
- Collaborating with Marketing and Creative Services Team to ensure brand consistency for Baker Public Relations and its clients
- Monitoring ROI and KPIs
- Staying up-to-date with digital media technologies and latest trends
- Attending networking events, seminars and conferences, including out-of-hours, as required to maintain personal professional development
- 3-5 years of agency and social media experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Passionate about social media and delivering excellent client service, generating meaningful results, working with integrity and being a team player
- Demonstrate strong media relations capabilities and ability to consistently secure publicity
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and conceptually
- A solid understanding of digital aesthetics
Send resume, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Competitive salary and benefits offered.
This is an in-person position based in Albany, New York.