At Baker Public Relations, our teams work on a variety of accounts, from startup companies to Fortune 500’s, government agencies and not-for-profits. Whether launching a new product, managing time-sensitive crisis communications, or building integrated communications campaigns that engage with consumers, bloggers, influencers and experts, there’s always something exciting happening at Baker Public Relations.
We offer an environment where employees receive hands-on experience and an opportunity to grow, learn, and succeed. We continually strive to partner with people who are ambitious and intent on thriving.
Whether you are a seasoned PR professional or just staring out in the industry, we are always on the lookout for hard working and resourceful people to join our team.
Senior Account Executive
Baker Public Relations, a full-service, woman-owned, public relations firm headquartered in Albany, New York, is seeking a Senior Account Executive, a key senior position to help us lead client initiatives and campaigns. To enable the agency to continue its growth trajectory forward, it needs the committed expertise of a talented and passionate professional with 6-plus years of experience (agency preferred) and demonstrated success in growing and overseeing a portfolio of clients to act as a Senior Account Executive.
The ideal candidate will work with a team across two locations (Albany, N.Y. and Pittsburgh, Pa.) and act as day-to-day point person on various client accounts. The Senior Account Executive will also be involved in lead generation, growing media relationships, content development for media and audience consumption, development of public relations and social media strategies, management team decisions, initiatives and discussions regarding agency direction. As a growing public relations firm, the Senior Account Executive role is a pivotal position as this individual will serve as a mentor, manager and lead for all account teams on client management, quality assurance, staff development and strategic guidance.
We are looking for a candidate who is driven, diligent, self-motivated and confident in their ability to successfully lead teams and establish strong relationships in the community and with Baker Public Relations clients. This role would suit an established PR professional looking to further develop their skills in client management, business development, and leadership. In return, we offer a very competitive salary, excellent growth opportunities, and a brilliant working environment.
Is this You?
Job Responsibilities include:
- Translate client business needs into communications actions with solution-oriented focus.
- Demonstrates commitment to industry, agency, and clients by mastering industry knowledge and understanding clients’ businesses.
- Train, mentor, and support team members of all levels in executing effectively.
- Possesses the capability to support the creation, editing, and approval of client press materials, messaging and strategic plans.
- Manage and lead the agency’s day-to-day efforts with key client relationships and accounts.
- Create and edit media lists using Muck Rack.
- Coordinate various event planning and media outreach events.
- Strategically advise clients and develop ideas and solutions that achieve business, marketing and engagement objectives.
- Translate client assignments into meaningful briefs for the creative teams and effectively balance dual expectations of clients and the agency.
- Clearly establish objectives and priorities for client initiatives.
- Work with content writers, copyeditors, marketing and other internal teams to ideate and develop concepts for projects and accounts.
- Manage a variety of workstreams including traditional, digital, social, experiential and promotional projects, including creation of timelines, teams and budgets.
- Effectively assign, delegate, coordinate and monitor the work of agency staff members assigned to client projects.
- Effectively and regularly communicate with internal team members and clients.
- Ensure all projects remain within outlined and agreed to budget parameters.
- Participate in and/or lead brainstorming sessions for the agency.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, assigned client’s business, products, industry and competitive landscape.
- Participate with senior team leaders in client presentations.
- Support organic new business development initiatives.
Candidate Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a communications role either in-house or with an agency (preferred).
- Experience managing several accounts and/or projects simultaneously.
- Passion for creativity and innovation.
- Strong managerial and team building skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize for self and others.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a great attention to detail.
- Experience creating and managing budgets for projects covering all of the above.
- A thorough understanding of the agency process and agency/client relationship model.
- Willing to work hours as required by workload, sometimes including after hours, weekends, plus ability to travel as needed.
- A strong ‘self-starter’ mentality and sense of responsibility.
- A positive, upbeat attitude!
- Desire to do the best work of your career.
If you are interested in this position, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baker Public Relations, a full-service, woman-owned communications agency, is seeking to hire an experienced, talented Account Executive to work in conjunction with the team to deliver exceptional account management services for a range of clients in the agency’s roster that includes healthcare, hospitality, lifestyle, government, legal, higher education, technology and real estate industries.
Candidates must be highly organized, detail-oriented, hungry to work and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Write and distribute press releases, media advisories, pitch letters, case studies, blog posts and more
- Pitch the media by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, online and broadcast to interest them in covering client stories
- Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists
- Arrange interviews and meetings with key journalists for client’s spokespeople – in person or over the phone
- Monitor media coverage and report results to team members and clients
- Create content for and manage clients’ social media accounts such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- Deliver analytics reports on social media (reporting on traffic, engagement and followers)
- Brainstorm new ideas for PR campaigns
- Attend client events and industry conferences and work shops
- Assist team in the planning and executing of client events
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills (whether by phone, in person or by email)
- You need to be hot on spelling, grammar and proof-reading, as well have a creative flair for creating engaging copy
- Able to work independently and work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; you will be required to work on tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands of your team and clients
- You must have solid presentation skills whether communicating ideas to your team, presenting stories to journalists or presenting PR and media campaigns to clients, you need to organize information succinctly to capture their attention
- Creative and energetic personality
- Strong understanding of social media, integration, monitoring and measurement tools
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or marketing
- At least 2 to 4 years of PR agency experience, communications or other related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite and in social media channels
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to Megan@bakerpublicrelations.com.